Swaying palm trees, glorious beaches, Polynesian ambiance: this is Maui the “Magic Isle.” You will quickly fall in love with this tropical island for its natural beauty and charm.
Watch humpback whales in the winter. Snorkel molokini year-round. Enjoy the sunrise atop the Haleakala Crater. And in the evening partake in a luau. Maui is excellent for families as well as couples.
Here are the top five luxury resorts in Maui. You’ll want to rent a car while staying here in order to get around and see the many sights.
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea (Wailea) — the ultimate in luxury accommodations in Maui. Features 376 rooms on 15 oceanfront acres. New adult serenity pool opened June ’09. Over 40 complimentary services and activities available for guests. Children’s program. Golf next door.
- The Fairmont Kea Lani Maui (Wailea) — Offers spacious luxury accommodations in 413 suites and 37 villas. On 22 oceanfront acres. Features three pools, including an adults-only pool. Children’s program. Golf onsite.
- Grand Wailea Resort and Spa (Wailea) — known for it’s amazing spa and pool areas. Features 780 rooms on 40 beachfront acres. Award-winning spa is 50,000 square feet and offers a variety of treatments. Pool area is over 25,000 square feet and includes slides, waterfalls, and a lazy river. Children’s program. Golf onsite.
- The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua (Kapalua) — laid back luxury in trendy Kapalua area. Features a 10,000 square foot tri level pool, golf onsite, and a children’s program.
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa (Kaanapali) — features 806 rooms on 40 acres on popular Kaanapali Beach, with one adult and one kid’s pool, and Camp Hyatt kid’s program. Spa onsite and golf nearby.